If you are planning a move, even the most organised person will probably not be able to remember every detail of the move — or every item. Kyle Bay Removals suggests adding these 10 points to the top of your preparation list:
1. Obtain your free quotation and inspection for your full relocation including packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, pet transport, etc.
2. Your child\'s permanent school record cannot follow him or her through life if it\'s left behind. In addition, school records are usually required when registering your child at a new school.
3. Pack phone books from your old area. You may think you\'ll remember the numbers you frequently call now, but more likely, you\'ll spend a small fortune on directory assistance charges to contact old friends or tie up loose ends.
4. Remember to complete transactions with local businesses (for example, picking up your dry cleaning).
5. In the flurry of preparing for the move, you may often forget your forwarding address — important information when forwarding periodicals and credit card bills, as well as keeping in touch with old friends. Always keep your new address handy in your wallet or purse.
6. Although your focus will be on your new home or unit, you can\'t forget about preparing the old residence for your exit. Remember to leave out cleaning supplies for the final "once-over" before closing the door for good, or make arrangements in advance for a cleaning service to do it for you.
7. Many people often forget to take the electric garage door opener out of their car before leaving. Remember to leave the opener for the new tenants or owners.
8. Obtaining copies of your medical records, including your dentist, veterinarian and vaccine/immunisation information, can often be overlooked. In some cases, a notarised letter is required to receive the official documentation.
9. Many people forget to retrieve important documents from their safe deposit box. It is also wise to establish a checking account in your new area about a month prior to your move so that you have immediate access to your account.
10. The collection of spare house keys can often be forgotten. Whether it means getting them from neighbors who kept them, or retrieving them from under the rock next to the front door, don\'t forget to gather all sets before you depart.