Moving boxes are the number one moving supplies that you are going to need. This will help protect your possessions while it is in transit.
When purchasing a box, you actually have an option to have the slight used which is may cost a little less or the brand new that may cost a bit more. But this is a great investment when you want to make sure that your items are stored properly.
There are even some boxes that are available for rent. Mostly these are made from plastic. This may be a bit more expensive, as you compare a plastic with a cardboard since plastic is more durable and reusable. This is an added charge to the overall services, since you will be paying for the rent for the plastic boxes at the same time the service for delivering your items.
Types Of Moving Boxes:
A. 1.5 Cubic Foot Moving Box (16 x 12 ½ x 12 ½)
• This box is best used to carry item that are up to 60lbs. But is better to have the weight around 50 lbs to be safe.
• Kitchen items, small appliances, lamps and shades are usually placed n this box.
• It is also good for storing books, but keep in mind to keep the weight around 50 lbs.
B. 3.0 Cubic Foot Moving Box (18 x 18 x 16)
• This can carry items with weight up to 65 lbs.
• This ideally for clothes, pots and pans, and electronics such as computers and radios.
C. 4.5 Cubic Foot Moving Box (18 x 18 x 24)
• This can carry a weight up to 65 lbs.
• Best to use for items such as larger lamps, kitchen appliances which are larger, and linens.
D. 6.0 Cubic Foot Moving Boxes (22 x 22 x 21 ½)
• This can carry items with weight up to 70 lbs.
• But always keep in mind to never overload the box.
• This is ideally for pillows, toys, large blankets, cushions for chairs and couches.
E. 6.1 Cubic Foot Moving Box (24 x 18 x 24)
• This is an alternative for 6.0 Cubic Foot Moving box, any item that won’t fit properly to that box may be placed here.
• This is rectangular in shape and works good for comforters, blankets and cushions.
F. Wardrobe Boxes
• This may range from small to large and each box has a metal bar ideally for hanging clothes.
• Most of the time it is better to have the clothes hang that to be packed flat such as, ball gowns and other dresses.
• Some may use this for chandeliers or some wind chimes since it is better to be hanging that flat.
G. Lay Down Wardrobe Box (32 x 19 ⅞ x 9)
• This looks a lot like dresser drawer.
• This can be used if you would like your clothes to be only folded once.
• But still keep in mind never to pack heavy as the box may not endure the weight.
H. Picture/Mirror Boxes
• Keep in mind to secure them together and ensure that it can handle the weight.
• It is highly recommended to use a bubble wrap for the items.
I. Dish Packs
• This is made for packing glasses, cups, and wine bottles.
• Always check the weight to make sure it is still manageable.
J. Mattress Boxes
• Sometimes this is no longer necessary if the movers would choose to wrap their mattress with mattress covers which are made of plastic.
• However, having this box may prevent your mattress from being punctured or damaged during the move.